Winter squash is one of the best flavors of fall if you ask us! Enjoy this fritter recipe any time of the day.
Makes 8 fritters
2 1/2 cups acorn squash, shredded (or winter squash of choice)
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. + 1/4 cup olive oil
1 cloves garlic
1 cup fresh parsley
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Mix together squash, egg, and pepper.
- Fold in flour. Add more if needed to hold the fritters together.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and press flat with spatula. Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Put on a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Combine garlic, parsley, 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes in a blender. Drizzle over the fritters. Enjoy!