Give this appetizer a try, because you can never go wrong with a recipe that includes bacon!
3 whole Turnips
3 strips Bacon
3 Ramps, greens only
1 turnips worth of Turnip Greens
1 tsp. Lemon zest
- Cut ends off turnips and boil for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Using a spatula, smash turnips flat to form disk shapes.
- Wrap 1 ramp green on each turnip.
- Wrap each turnip with one slice of bacon. Bake at 375°F for about 25-30 minutes, or until bacon is cooked through.
- While the turnips are cooking, chop turnip greens and zest lemon.
- When turnips are cooked, sprinkle the chopped greens and lemon zest on top. Enjoy!
Note: You can substitute green onions and garlic for the ramps. Mince both and sprinkle over turnip before adding bacon.