Add some excitement to your potatoes with this delicious, brightly colored dip!
4 small Beets
1 Egg Yolk at room temperature
1-2 Garlic cloves
1 cup + 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
12 small Potatoes, washed & cut into wedges
- Wash and cut ends off beets. Roast beets in foil for 45-60 minutes (or until fork tender) at 375°F. When cool enough to touch, remove skins with a paper towel.
- Coat the potato wedges with 2 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt. On a baking sheet, roast potato wedges for about 30-40 minutes at 375°F.
- Finely chop garlic. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top. Using the side of a knife, press garlic into a paste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, and half the garlic until combined.
- While whisking, slowly add in the 1 cup of olive oil. Whisk until thickened.
- Puree the peeled beets in a food processor or blender.
- Fold beet puree into aioli. Mix in more garlic to taste.
- Serve with potato wedges and enjoy!