Adding blackberries to a savory dish may sound like a foreign concept but OH MY GOSH it’s a GREAT concept! The very slight bitter flavor of the blackberry followed by the sweet caramel-y flavor of the cooked onions gets your taste buds all sort of excited! And as usual…IT’S SO EASY TO MAKE!
- ½ cup Spelt Berries, dry
- 1 cup Black Berries
- ½ cup Sweet Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Olive Oil, seperated
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces Goat Milk Chèvre (optional)
- Cook Spelt Berries: In a saucepan, combine spelt berries with 1 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for about 40 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until lightly browned; about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked spelt berries, sautéed onion & garlic, remaining olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper, parsley, and goat milk chèvre(optional). Stir until well combined and ENJOY!