It’s time to heat up those grills! If you choose not to eat meat, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the cookouts. Swap a traditional burger for this one!
1 16 oz. can Beans (kidney or black)
1 medium Onion, diced
1/2 cup Carrots, shredded
1 whole Scallion, diced
3/4 cup Rolled Oats
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
2 leaves Lettuce per patty
Tahini to taste
- Rinse beans. Smash with a fork. (It’s okay if they’re a bit chunky!)
- In a small frying pan with a bit of oil, heat onions and carrot until soft.
- Add the cooked vegetables, red pepper flakes, and cumin to the beans. Mix in the oats.
- With your hands, form the mixture into patties. Let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cook the burgers in a non-stick skillet until browned and hot, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun or lettuce wrap, and top with tahini as a dressing. Enjoy!