Talk about creamy and delicious! This sauce gives you that sweetness of butternut squash with the texture of a creamy alfredo sauce, but we promise you won’t be disappointed by the absence of dairy and cheese!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Broth of Choice (We recommend Bone Broth from Erie Bone Broth)
- 1 lb. Pasta in your choice of shape (We recommend Ohio City Pasta)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash, onion, sage, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer until the squash is tender; 15-20 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to packaging. Strain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water and set pasta aside.
- Once squash is cooked, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Add desired salt and pepper.
- Add squash sauce and and pasta back into the skillet and toss until well combine. Enjoy!
Note: This would be delicious with the addition of some sautéed seasonal vegetables mixed in at the end of cooking.