Talk about creamy and delicious! This sauce gives you that sweetness of butternut squash with the texture of a creamy alfredo sauce, but we promise you won’t be disappointed by the absence of dairy and cheese.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Broth of choice
- 1 lb. Pasta, your choice of shape
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash, onion, sage, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer until the squash is tender; 15-20 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions. Strain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water and set pasta aside.
- Once squash is cooked, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Add desired salt and pepper.
- Add squash sauce, pasta, and gradually add pasta water back into the skillet to achieve the desired sauce consistency. Toss until well combined. Enjoy!
Note: This would be delicious with the addition of some sautéed seasonal vegetables mixed in at the end.