This recipe simply combines, squash, onion & garlic from you favorite local farmer, bone broth from Erie Bone Broth, and lots of spices for a nice health boost & to make it taste like FALL!
- 2 Butternut Squash
- 1/2 cup, diced Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Raw Honey
- 6 cups Bone Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/4 cup, chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Clove
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice each butternut squash lengthwise and scoop seeds out.
- Bake squash about 1 hour (until soft) flesh side down. Cool squash to room temperature.
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat.
- When squash is cooled, peel the skin off and add to a blender. Add sautéed garlic and onions. Blend.
- Add raw honey, 5 cups of the vegetable broth, turmeric, chopped cilantro, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves. Blend well.
- Add mixture to a large pot to heat on the stove.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of vegetable broth in mixer and mix on high to be sure to get any ingredients remaining in the blender. Add to soup pot and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper if desired. Heat throughout. Serve and enjoy!