Soup season is here! This recipe simply combines, squash, onion and garlic from you favorite local farmer, bone broth from Erie Bone Broth, and a bit of spice for a perfect Fall flavor.
- 2 Butternut Squash*
- 1/2 cup, Onion*, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic*, minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Raw Honey*
- 6 cups Bone Broth* (or Vegetable Broth)
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Turmeric* (or ground)
- 1/4 cup, chopped Cilantro*
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Clove
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice each butternut squash lengthwise and scoop seeds out.
- Bake squash about 1 hour (until soft) flesh side down. Cool squash to room temperature.
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat.
- When squash is cooled, peel the skin off and add to a blender. Add sautéed garlic and onions. Blend.
- Add raw honey, 5 cups of the vegetable broth, turmeric, chopped cilantro, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves. Blend well.
- Add mixture to a large pot to heat on the stove.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of vegetable broth in mixer and mix on high to be sure to get any ingredients remaining in the blender. Add to soup pot and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper if desired. Heat throughout. Serve and enjoy!