Farmers’ Market Dog Policy
Howe Meadow – Dogs are only permitted during Yappy Hour, from 11am to Noon.
Highland Square – Dogs are permitted during all market hours.
Dogs and owners are expected to abide by the following provisions to maintain the welcome of furry friends. Owners are socially, legally and financially responsible and liable for their pet’s behavior at all times.
Winter Market – With the exception of trained service animals, dogs are not permitted at indoor markets.
- Dogs must be on a 6′ or shorter leash – even pets in bags and carriers. Retractable leashes are not permitted. Please ensure that leashes do not get tangled in tablecloths, displays, or tent legs, and do not become a tripping hazard.
- Not all dogs are appropriate for the market setting. Large crowds, accessible food, small children and other dogs can challenge your dog’s attention and behavior.
– If your dog is not comfortable in these conditions, please leave them at home.
– If your dog has ANY reactive tendencies, please leave them at home.
– If your dog is prone to barking, please leave them at home.
– The market is not an appropriate place to train your dog to handle these conditions.
- Everyone has a right to feel safe and comfortable. Not everyone loves your dog, or dogs in general, as much as you do. Please keep your dog from approaching strangers.
- You are responsible for your dog’s business. Please prevent them from doing their business in the market area. If your dog does make a mess, you are responsible for cleaning it up.
– If your dog’s business compromises the product or equipment of a vendor, you are responsible for making financial reparations as the vendor deems appropriate.
– Please be prepared with pick-up bags; you are responsible for disposal. (Howe Meadow is a Zero Waste event – you are required to pack this out.)
- Any violations of the above practices, or any instances, that compromise the safety – human or food – of the market, will require you to remove your dog.
- Please courteously cooperate with Market Staff and Volunteers in addressing any concerns that arise from the presence of your dog.
- Multiple violations throughout the season will result in a return to a no-dog policy.