This grilled cheese is on another level. Combining a fresh pesto sauce with some raw milk cheddar cheese between two fresh sourdough slices makes for one delicious sandwich!
- 4 slices Sourdough Bread
- 6 oz. Cheddar Cheese, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, softened for spreading
Garlic Scape Pesto
- ½ a bunch Garlic Scapes, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts (or nut of choice)
- 1 cup Basil
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Pesto: Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor, process until smooth, and set aside.
- Assembly: Spread butter on the outer sides of each slice of bread. Spread pesto on the inside of one slice for each sandwich. Place cheese slices on top of pesto and close the sandwiches with remaining slices of bread.
- Place sandwiches in a fry pan over medium-low heat and cover for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure the bread does not burn. Flip sandwiches and toast opposite side for about 2 more minutes. Add additional time and increase heat if necessary to achieve toasted bread. Remove from pan and ENJOY!