Garlic scapes only come around for a short period of time. It’s time to make the most of them with this garlic scape pesto that you can enjoy on pasta, toast, or even in a grilled cheese!
Makes 2 cups
- 10 – 12 Garlic Scapes*, bulb removed and cut into chunks
- 1 cup Basil*
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (or nut of choice)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth.
Ways to enjoy:
- Atop your favorite pasta and sautéed spring vegetables
- Atop a piece of toast along with some goat cheese
- In a grilled cheese!