Garlic scapes only come around for a short period of time. It’s time to make the most of them with this garlic scape pesto that you can enjoy on pasta, toast, or even in a grilled cheese!
Makes 2 cups
- 10 – 12 Garlic scapes*, bulb removed and cut into chunks
- 1 cup Basil*
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts (or nut of choice)
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth.
Ways to enjoy:
- Atop your favorite pasta and sautéed spring vegetables.
- Atop a piece of toast along with some goat cheese.
- In a grilled cheese!