Disguise your greens with this tasty sandwich. The combo of garlic, greens, and cheese is sure to stimulate your taste buds!
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spinach (available locally from Baker’s Fresh Produce & Honey, Front 9 Farm, and Martha’s Farm)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices sourdough bread (available locally from Ash Creek Farm and Bread)
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 3 slices farmhouse cheese (available locally from Old Forge Dairy)
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add spinach, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Cook just until spinach has wilted.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Flip the buttered sides down. Place spinach on one slice of bread, then place cheese slices on top of the spinach and place the other slice of bread on top with buttered side out.
- Place sandwich into a covered sauté pan with the temperature on medium. After about 3 minutes, remove the pan from heat and allow to sit for 5 minute(or until cheese is melted) while remaining covered. Once cheese has melted, remove lid, place the pan back over the heat and toast each side of the sandwich until golden.