Now you might be thinking, ‘carrots and apples is a bit of an odd combination,’ but we can assure you, it’s not! In fact, it’s like eating apple pie for breakfast. YUM!
4 medium Carrots, chopped
2 Apples, sliced
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Parsley
- In a saucepan, boil carrots until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Drain.
- Add oil to a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add carrots and apples to the pan, and toss to coat.
- Add the honey and cinnamon to the sauté pan and toss to cover produce. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The mixture is finished when produce is fully coated by honey and begins to caramelize.
- Garnish the recipe with fresh parsley and enjoy!