How to Become a Vendor
Thank you for your interest in participating in Countryside Farmers’ Markets!
As a partner of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, we assist in managing the Countryside Initiative program, with farms located within the boundaries of our National Park. These farms are committed to sustainable agriculture and work hard with their park partners to be good land stewards. Together, the farms and Countryside bring over 100,000 visitors to the valley each year and have an economic impact of millions of dollars.
As an outgrowth of the Countryside Initiative program, we began managing farmers’ markets in 2004. The markets collectively serve over 50,000 customers each year, and in 2014 the vendors reached a collective milestone of over $1M in annual sales. 2021 is our eighteenth season in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
The purposes of the Countryside Farmers’ Markets are three-fold:
- Provide a venue where local farmers, producers, artisans, and artists can sell their high-quality products directly to the consumer.
- Connect consumers with a wide array of locally grown and produced foods and goods in a setting that allows them to interact directly with the grower or producer, thereby re-connecting them directly to the source of their food.
- Create a space that allows for community interaction and enjoyment, informal public education and civic engagement.
2. Follow-Ups // Schedule Farm Visit // Submit Samples: After receiving your email, prospective vendors will be contacted by market management with additional questions and/or schedule a farm visit or request product samples.
3. Applications are Reviewed: Vendor inquires will be reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined in the Countryside Farmers’ Market Vendor Handbook.
4. Notification: Prospective vendors for Howe Meadow will be notified of decisions ASAP.
5. Remit Market Membership Fee and Submit All Required Paperwork: If accepted, Howe Meadow vendors will be required to submit all necessary paperwork before their first market. Vendors will not be permitted to participate in the market until all necessary fees and paperwork are received.
6. First Market Day: Prior to your first market, market management will contact you with detailed information on arrival and set-up procedures.