How to Become a Vendor
Thank you for your interest in participating in Countryside Farmers’ Markets!
The application period for the 2022 Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow has ended, but we are encouraging interested vendors to complete the form AND reach out to the contact below to see if your product meets an unmet need on our 2022 roster.
The market management will contact you if interested. The link to the google form can be found below.
Since 1999, Countryside has connected people, food, and land throughout Northeast Ohio. Our programs re-establish farms in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, run farmers’ markets in the greater Akron area, and educate citizens about the importance of local food and farming. We also help up-and-coming farmers find land, and connect local growers to chefs and consumers.
As a partner of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, we assist in managing the Countryside Initiative program, with farms located within the boundaries of our National Park. These farms are committed to sustainable agriculture and work hard with their park partners to be good land stewards. Together, the farms and Countryside bring over 100,000 visitors to the valley each year and have an economic impact of millions of dollars.
As an outgrowth of the Countryside Initiative program, we began managing farmers’ markets in 2004. The markets collectively serve over 50,000 customers each year, and in 2014 the vendors reached a collective milestone of over $1M in annual sales. 2022 is our nineteenth season in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow occurs every Saturday, 9am-12pm, May-October.
The purpose of Countryside Farmers’ Markets is to advance our organizational goals and objectives by creating a place that speaks to our purpose and values through the congregation of the actors we serve. Countryside’s goals are preserving farmland, cultivating new farmers, and expanding local food. Our objectives are to become financially secure, to be ecologically centric, and to embody equity and diversity.
1. Apply // Download and Read Guidelines: Vendors interested in participating in Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow should fill out the vendor application here. Vendors interested in joining the market for the first time should request the most recent Countryside Farmers’ Market Vendor Handbook. Please read the guidelines thoroughly. All essential information on market fees, vendor acceptance criteria, and market rules is explained in detail in this document. If you have any questions after reviewing the guidelines, please email Tracy Emrick at email@example.com.
2. Follow-Ups // Schedule Farm Visit // Submit Samples: After receiving your email, prospective vendors will be contacted by market management with additional questions and/or schedule a farm visit or request product samples.
3. Applications are Reviewed: Vendor inquires will be reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined in the Countryside Farmers’ Market Vendor Handbook.
4. Notification: Prospective vendors for Howe Meadow will be notified of decisions ASAP.
5. Remit Market Membership Fee and Submit All Required Paperwork: If accepted, Howe Meadow vendors will be required to submit all necessary paperwork before their first market. Vendors will not be permitted to participate in the market until all necessary fees and paperwork are received.
6. First Market Day: Prior to your first market, market management will contact you with detailed information on arrival and set-up procedures.