Market Coordinator Job
Cuyahoga Valley Farmers’ market (formerly Countryside) is seeking a part-time Market
Coordinator. The Market Coordinator will be responsible for all operations dealing with
the outdoor Saturday market in Howe Meadow May-Oct and indoor market at Old Trail
School Nov – April. In coordination with the Cuyahoga Valley Farmers’ Market board of
The mission of the Cuyahoga Valley Farmers Market is to provide access to and education
about sustainable foods and agriculture to the communities in the greater Akron area by
building connections between the low-income families, mothers and children, seniors, and
the community at large with the producers of locally sustainable food sources.
Tasks and responsibilities for Cuyahoga Valley Farmers Market Coordinator include but
are not limited to:
• Responsible for all essential operations to Cuyahoga Valley Farmers’ Market.
• Train Market Assistant & volunteers on roles as assigned to support the market.
On-Site Market Management:
• Organizes the information booth, musicians, cooking demonstrations, and other
various market events
• Enforces the market guidelines and rules, and monitors compliance with
regulations and codes;
• Acts as on-site customer service agent and behind-the-scenes troubleshooter;
• Regularly touches base with vendors on-site to ensure open communication; noting
& sharing vendor needs with Cuyahoga Valley Farmers Market Board of Trustees
• Responsible for management and accurate record-keeping of cash, credit, and token
transactions, and required data tracking of EBT sales and incentive distribution;
• Coordinates on-site logistics and paperwork with market site hosts and outside
Off-Site Market Management:
• Responsible for management and completion of accurate post-market
reconciliation, tracking, and reporting of applicable data, market currencies, vendor
fees and sales;
• Communicates with Bookkeeper and appropriate Board committees
• Invoice appropriately to food access partners including Produce Perks Midwest,
WIC, and Senior FMNP agencies
• Creates weekly market map, communicates with vendors about market logistics and
• reconciliation documents;
• Monitors and ensures accurate tracking of market volunteer hours in partnership
with the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park’s Volunteers in Parks
• Manages transport and inventory of market equipment, supplies, and retail
• Meet with Market Operations Board committee for regular updates on market
performance and planning.
Desired experience, skills and qualifications. Ideally, we would seek someone with many
of the following characteristics:
• Experience participating in and (ideally) coordinating a farmers’ market.
• Farming experience and/or working with farmers, ranchers, sustainable agriculture
• Expertise with Google Drive, Microsoft Office and Zoom applications.
• Ability to take initiative and direction to accomplish tasks both independently and
as part of a team.
• Detail oriented; able to manage multiple deadlines and assignments simultaneously.
• Enthusiastic about learning and contributing ideas to expand and improve Farmers’
• Interest in and/or knowledge of regenerative grazing and sustainable agriculture
• Interest in local food
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• A positive, upbeat, open-minded attitude and outlook.
Schedule and location: 20-25 hrs per week
Work hours are flexible and can generally be performed outside of regular business hours
as needed. Except for Saturdays 6am – 2pm, year – round
• Must be willing to do physical work and be capable of lifting objects ~ 50lbs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be comfortable
driving a transit van.
Compensation: Hourly wage of $18-22 depending on experience. This position is not
eligible for benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter describing your experience and why
you are interested in this position to email@example.com
Subject line: Market Coordinator Position Last Name, First Name
We are committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. Individuals from diverse
backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All applications will be handled confidentially.
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be
accepted until March 10, 2023. Anticipated start date April 1, 2023