Put a peachy spin on the traditional caprese salad with this combo that’s quite literally the best you’ve never had. Enjoy as an appetizer or add in some chicken and enjoy as a meal!
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 ripe Peaches*, cut into wedges
- 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes*, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Cheese* of choice (we used Steamtown from Yellow House Cheese), thinly sliced or cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Leaves, torn
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Honey
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl and toss with the dressing. Enjoy!
Note: For a fancier presentation, you can assemble the tomatoes, peaches, cheese, red onion, and basil on a flat dish. Then, season with salt, pepper and drizzle with the dressing.