Have you ever tried making your own barbecue sauce before? This sauce adds plums for a unique twist.
Makes 6 large kabobs
For the BBQ sauce:
- 3 Plums, pitted
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
For the kabobs:
- 8 oz. Protein of choice (chicken, steak, tofu, etc.)
- 1 whole Bell Pepper
- 1 whole Onion
- 1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- Using a food processor or blender, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce into a cast iron skillet on the grill or stove, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop your meat and veggies into cubes/chunks. Put on a metal or wood skewer.
- Grill kabobs until meat is cooked OR roast in an oven at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Lather kabobs in sauce, and cook for 3 more minutes. Enjoy!