Rhubarb is one of those spring produce that people often have a hard time figuring out what to do with. If you’re one those people, this recipe is about to make rhubarb one of your favorite farmers’ market finds! This recipe cooks the rhubarb down to a sauce with the addition of some maple syrup for sweetness, making it the perfect topping for a variety of breakfast dishes.
Makes about 1 cup
6 stalks (about 2 cups) Rhubarb*, finely chopped
1/4 cup Water
3-4 Tbsp. Honey or Maple Syrup*
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Place all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and heat on medium.
- Simmer until the rhubarb is soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Suggested Ways to Enjoy:
- Atop chia pudding. Find a recipe for chia pudding here.
- Atop pancakes. Find a local pancake mix at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow from Mud Run Farm.
- Atop toasted bread from Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow with goat or feta cheese.