Asparagus and rhubarb are some of the first produce we see hit the market in the spring. This dish combines the two to celebrate the tastes of the season!
1 bunch Asparagus
1 stalk Green Onion, chopped
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
4 stalks Rhubarb, chopped
Oil, as needed
1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp Honey
1/2 cup Water
- Spread asparagus spears and green onion on one side of a baking sheet and toss in oil until covered.
- In a bowl, mix oats, oil, and 1 Tbsp of honey. Spread oats on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in a preheated oven at 400°F for 5-7 minutes. At this point, remove oats from tray, and cook asparagus for about 15-20 more minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a small pot on the stove, combine rhubarb, water, and 1 Tbsp honey. Stir occasionally while cooking over medium-low heat. Cook about 10 minutes, or until rhubarb breaks down into a sauce.
- To serve, top asparagus with rhubarb sauce, followed by a sprinkle of toasted oats. Enjoy!