SNAP and Produce Perks
Countryside Farmers’ Markets proudly accept the Ohio Direction Card!
SNAP recipients also receive Produce Perks, a dollar-for-dollar match (up to $20) for the purchase of fresh fruits and vegetables.
How It Works ~
- Present your Ohio Direction Card at the Market Information booth.
2. Swipe your card for the amount you wish to spend.
3. Receive $1 tokens to spend with any vendors with eligible product.*,**
4. Receive a matching amount (up to $20) of Produce Perks tokens to be spent on fresh fruits and vegetables.***
*SNAP-eligible products include all food items, with the exception of ready-to-eat prepared foods.
**SNAP tokens never expire and are accepted at all Countryside Farmers’ Markets.
***Produce Perks tokens do not expire, but are grant supported and subject to the availability of funds.
Produce Perks is available throughout the state of Ohio.
For more information about the program and locations in your area, visit produceperks.org.
Countryside is the regional spoke for Produce Perks and facilitates the program for markets in Summit, Portage, Stark, and Medina counties.
Markets offering SNAP//Produce Perks currently open or opening for the season soon, click through for more details:
- Countryside Old Trail School Winter Farmers’ Market ~ November-April || Select Saturdays, 9am-12pm || 2315 Ira Rd, Bath, OH 44333
- Haymaker Farmers’ Market (indoor) ~ November-April || Saturdays, 10am-1pm || 1435 E Main St, Kent, OH 44240
Markets offerings SNAP//Produce Perks currently closed for the season ~ see you in 2020!
- Anna Dean Farm Market ~ June – September || Tuesdays, 2pm-6pm || 248 Robinson Ave, Barberton, OH 44203
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow ~ May – October || Saturdays 9a-12pm || 4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Highland Square ~ June – August || Thursdays, 4pm-7pm || 1175 W Exchange St, Akron, OH 44302
- HAPI Fresh Farmers’ Market ~ July – September || Wednesdays, 4pm-7pm || The Well, 647 E Market St, Akron, OH, 44304
- Haymaker Farmers’ Market (outdoor) ~ May – October || Saturdays, 9am-1pm || Franklin Ave and Summit St, Kent, OH 44240
- Summit Lake Neighborhood Farmers’ Market ~ June 11 – mid-October || Tuesdays, 4pm-7pm || 380 W Crosier St, Akron, OH 44311
Produce Perks incentive dollars are grant-funded through a USDA Gus Schumacher Nutrition Incentive (formerly FINI) grant.
Countryside is grateful for local support from Akron Community Foundation, Huntington-Akron Foundation, PNC Foundation, Tuscora Parks Health and Wellness Foundation, and Summit County Health Department Creating Healthy Communities.
If you are interested in supporting Produce Perks with a sponsorship or donation, please contact Erin Molnar, Director of Local Food Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.