SNAP and Produce Perks
Countryside Farmers’ Markets proudly accept the Ohio Direction Card!
*** Due to COVID, Produce Perks is matching up to $25 ***
SNAP recipients also receive Produce Perks, a dollar-for-dollar match (up to $20) for the purchase of fresh fruits and vegetables.
How It Works ~
- Present your Ohio Direction Card at the Market Information booth.
- Swipe your card for the amount you wish to spend.
- Receive $1 tokens to spend with any vendors with eligible product.*,**
- Receive a matching amount (up to $20) of Produce Perks tokens to be spent on fresh fruits and vegetables.***
*SNAP-eligible products include all food items, with the exception of ready-to-eat prepared foods.
**SNAP tokens never expire and are accepted at all Countryside Farmers’ Markets.
***Produce Perks tokens do not expire, but are grant supported and subject to the availability of funds.
Produce Perks is available throughout the state of Ohio.
For more information about the program and locations in your area, visit produceperks.org.
Countryside is the regional spoke for Produce Perks and facilitates the program for markets in Summit, Portage, Stark, and Medina counties.
Markets offering SNAP//Produce Perks currently open or opening for the season soon. Due to COVID, markets have made modifications to ensure health safety, please click through for more details:
- Barberton Farmers Market (formerly Anna Dean Farm Market) ~ June-September || Tuesdays, 2pm-7pm || 505 W Tuscarawas Ave, Barberton, OH 44203
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Highland Square ~ Opening TBD || Thursdays, 4pm-7pm || Location TBD
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow ~ June 27 – October 31 || Saturdays, 9am-12pm || 4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- Garrettsville Farmers’ Market ~ June – August || Thursdays, 4pm-7pm || 8111 Main St, Garrettsville, OH, 44231
- HAPI Fresh Farmers’ Market ~ July 9 – September || Wednesdays, 4pm-7pm || The Well, 647 E Market St, Akron, OH, 44304
- Haymaker Farmers’ Market (outdoor) ~ May – October || Saturdays, 9am-1pm || Franklin Ave and Summit St, Kent, OH 44240
- Medina Square Farmers Market ~ June – October 17 || Saturdays, 9am-1pm || Medina Public Square, Medina, OH 44256
- Stow Community Farmers’ Market ~ June – October 3 || Saturdays, 9am-12:30pm || 1567 Pilgrim Dr, Stow, OH 44224
- Summit Lake Neighborhood Farmers’ Market ~ June 9 – September 29 || Tuesdays, 4pm-7pm || 380 W Crosier St, Akron, OH 44311
Markets offerings SNAP//Produce Perks currently closed for the season.
- Countryside Old Trail School Winter Farmers’ Market ~ November-April || Select Saturdays, 9am-12pm || 2315 Ira Rd, Bath, OH 44333
- Haymaker Farmers’ Market (indoor) ~ November-April || Saturdays, 10am-1pm || 1435 E Main St, Kent, OH 44240
NOTE: Produce Perks tokens are valid at any listed market. SNAP tokens are only valid at the market received (with the exception of Countryside Farmers’ Markets, which are valid at any of Countryside’s locations and Barberton).
Produce Perks incentive dollars are grant-funded through a USDA Gus Schumacher Nutrition Incentive (formerly FINI) grant.
Countryside is grateful for local support from Akron Community Foundation and Tuscora Parks Health and Wellness Foundation.
If you are interested in supporting Produce Perks with a sponsorship or donation, please contact Erin Molnar, Director of Local Food Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.