Sweet potato and a little heat – what more could you want out of a Fall dish? Enjoy this delicious stir-fry overtop of your favorite grain to create a perfectly balanced meal.
- 1 cup Spelt Berries* or Rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes*, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 Hot Pepper*, finely diced or 1/4 cup Bell Pepper finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic*, minced
- 1 small Onion*, diced
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Root*, grated
- 1/4 cup Cilantro*, finely chopped
- Sat & Pepper to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Prepare your rice or spelt berries and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add hot peppers, garlic, onion, salt and pepper; cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add ginger and cilantro; cook for another 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Put mixture on top of spelt berries or rice & enjoy!