Squash Showcase and Tasting
Saturday, November 5, 9am-12pm
2315 Ira Rd, Akron, OH 44333
Let’s kickoff the winter market and welcome a new season of the Countryside farmers’ market! Starting at 9am on November 5, we’ll open the winter season market at Old Trail School and celebrate the season with a squash showcase and tasting celebration.
Special Market Activities:
- Shop squash and squash inspired foods from our vendors
- Explore new and famous squash varieties and learn how to prepare each
- Let the kids (and adults too!) explore all the bumps, grooves and guts of the season’s favorite fruit
- Kids squash-inspired coloring activities
- Cooking demo from Chef Vinnie Cimino from the new restaurant Cordelia
- Local podcast CLE Foodcast will record an episode on squash with Front 9 Farm
- Live music from local musician Bob Patetta
- Enjoy brunch from Chef Matt of Old Trail School
Tickets are not required. This is a free event held during the farmers’ market, but donations are appreciated!