This delightful combination of savory and sweet is about to become your favorite late spring recipe! This recipe swaps tomatoes for strawberries with the addition of some honey and balsamic vinegar reduction. Makes the perfect snack atop crackers or a french baguette. Take it a step further and enjoy it in a grilled cheese!
Makes about 1 cup
1 cup Strawberries*, diced
2 Tbsp. Mint*, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. Honey*
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Combine strawberries, mint, honey, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, heat vinegar until it is reduced to half the amount. This will take about 10 minutes. Once reduced, set aside to cool.
- Enjoy bruschetta with balsamic reduction drizzled over top.
Suggested Ways to Enjoy:
- Atop a toasted french baguette or crackers along with your favorite spreadable cheese.
- Sandwiched between 2 slices of bread along with some gouda or cheddar cheese slices and toasted to make a unique and delicious strawberry grilled cheese.