This delightful combination of savory and sweet is about to become your favorite late spring/early summer recipe! This recipe swaps tomatoes for strawberries with the addition of some honey and balsamic vinegar reduction. Makes the perfect snack atop crackers or a French baguette. Take it a step further and enjoy it in a grilled cheese!
Makes about 1 cup
1 cup Strawberries*, diced
2 Tbsp. Mint*, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. Honey*
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- Combine strawberries, mint, honey, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, heat vinegar until it is reduced to half the amount. This will take about 10 minutes. Once reduced, set aside to cool.
- Enjoy bruschetta with balsamic reduction drizzled over top.
Suggested Ways to Enjoy:
- Atop a toasted French baguette or crackers along with your favorite spreadable cheese.
- Sandwiched between 2 slices of bread along with some gouda or cheddar cheese slices and toasted to make a unique and delicious strawberry grilled cheese.
Fresh baked bread loaves available at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow from Ash Creek Farm & Bread or Trigos Bakery.