TANF Fruit & Vegetable Program
You could be eligible to receive $240 vouchers for FREE fruits and vegetables at participating farmers’ markets!
Eligible recipients meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a US citizen OR meet a citizen exception
- You have a minor child in the household or are pregnant
- Your monthly household income is at or below:
- $2,265 for a one person household
- $3,052 for a two person household
- $3,839 for a three person household
- $4,625 for a four person household
- $5,412 for a five person household
- $6,199 for a six person household
- $6,985 for a seven person household
- $7,772 for an eight person household
- $8,559 for a nine person household
How to sign up:
Sign-up events will be held at the following dates/locations.
If you cannot attend any of the above events, we will offer sign-ups every week at Countryside Farmers’ Market Howe Meadow (while supplies last).
How to shop:
Once you have vouchers, you can spend them like cash on fruits & vegetables now through the end of the year! Shop at any of the following locations. Get more information about how to use Akron Metro to get to select markets this season.
TANF Fruit & Vegetable vouchers expire on 12/21/22. Vouchers are in $5 increments with no change given. Eligible families can sign-up once each 12 months.
If you do not meet the criteria for this program but you have SNAP/EBT, you can still receive extra fruits and vegetables! Click here for more information.