This savory tart is perfect for a beginner to make. Also, the crust is vegan! Swap out the cheese for vegan cheese to make the whole dish plant based.
Makes 1 – 9 inch tart
2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 medium Onions, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 lb. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 cup Cheese, shredded
1 handful Basil
- To make the crust, mix together flour and salt. Then mix in olive oil and up to 1/2 cup of cold water until it comes together as a dough. Roll out, fit into 9 inch tart pan, and chill while making the filling.
- Heat a bit of oil in a skillet and sautee onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in cheese.
- Bake tart shell for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Spread cheesy onions in the tart. Top with halved tomatoes. Bake an additional 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and serve warm.