Tomato Tasting at Howe Meadow
Saturday, August 13, 9am-12pm
4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula OH
Taste over two dozen varieties of locally grown and freshly picked tomatoes and discover your new favorites at the Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow on August 13! While you shop, visit tasting tents to sample incredible varieties of tomatoes you may have never seen before and learn tomato tips and trivia along the way!
Special Market Activities:
Home gardeners can enter the competition for the largest or weirdest looking tomatoes (see below for entry rules)
- Tomato focused children’s activities presented by Spring Garden Waldorf School: Kids can decorate tiny clay vegetables and pint containers to take home!
- Kids tomato scavenger hunt
- Summit County Master Gardeners will be on site to talk tomato growing
- Face painting and Bookmobile presented by Akron-Summit County Public Library (10:30am-12pm)
- Live music from local musician Stone Cold Soup
Tickets are not required. This is a free event, but donations are appreciated!
Tomato Contest Entry Information
Register your tomatoes at the special Tomato Tasting tent at the market by 9:30am on August 13 for judging and voting.
Two awards will be given: 1) The Largest Tomato (by weight) and 2) The Weirdest Looking Tomato. Winners in each category will win a Countryside hat and $25 worth of market tokens. Honorable mention awards will also be given in special categories for bragging rights for the grower! Awards will be announced by 11:30 am.