WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
Countryside proudly accepts WIC FMNP vouchers at our farmers’ markets for the purchase of fresh fruits & vegetables.
How it works:
- WIC clients can receive a free packet of vouchers (worth $20) by visiting the farmers’ market on any of the following distribution dates/locations:
- Saturday, July 24th, 9am-12pm at Countryside at Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow || 4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- Wednesday, July 28th, 4pm-7pm at HAPI Fresh Farmers’ Market || 381 Ontario St, Akron, OH, 44304 – GET THERE BY METRO!
- Tuesday, August 3nd at Barberton Farmers’ Market || 505 W Tuscarawas Ave, Barberton, OH 44203 – GET THERE BY METRO!
- Tuesday, August 10th at Summit Lake Farmers’ Market || 380 W Crosier St, Akron, OH 44311 – GET THERE BY METRO!
- Saturday, August 14th at Stow Farmers’ Market || 1567 Pilgrim Dr, Stow, OH 44224 – (Carrot Cash not available at this market)
- Vouchers can be spent like cash at the market. They are valid for the purchase of fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
We are proud to additionally offer Carrot Cash, a nutrition incentive that provides an extra $10 for WIC clients to spend on fresh, local fruits and vegetables at EACH visit to participating markets.
How it works:
- Visit a participating farmers’ market and present your WIC card at the customer service booth to receive $10 in Carrot Cash tokens. No purchase is necessary to receive Carrot Cash and you can receive the incentive every time you visit a participating market! Participating markets:
- Barberton Farmers’ Market ~ June-October || Tuesdays, 2pm-7pm || 505 W Tuscarawas Ave, Barberton, OH 44203 – GET THERE BY METRO!
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow ~ May-October || Saturdays, 9am-12pm || 4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- HAPI Fresh Farmers’ Market ~ July-September || Wednesdays, 4pm-7pm || 381 Ontario St, Akron, OH, 44304 – GET THERE BY METRO!
- Summit Lake Neighborhood Farmers’ Market ~ June-September || Tuesdays, 4pm-7pm || 380 W Crosier St, Akron, OH 44311 – GET THERE BY METRO!
- Spend your Carrot Cash on fresh, local produce at the farmers’ market. Carrot Cash tokens do not expire.
Questions regarding WIC FMNP and/or Carrot Cash?
Please contact our Community Food Access Manager, Jenna Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (234) 334-4622.
Countryside is grateful for local support for the 2021 season from the Women’s Endowment Fund, Akron Community Foundation, Tuscora Parks Health and Wellness Foundation, and the Goldie and Jerry Lippman Foundation. If you are interested in supporting Carrot Cash with a sponsorship or donation, please contact Tracy Emrick, CEO, at email@example.com.