WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Vouchers & Carrot Cash
Information about 2021 programming will be shared in the Spring. Below is information from the 2020 season for reference.
Countryside Farmers’ Markets and partner farmers’ markets proudly accept WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Vouchers.
1. Check with your local WIC clinic for a schedule of dates that they will be distributing vouchers.
2. Visit a WIC Clinic during a distribution to receive a booklet of four $5 vouchers.
3. Visit a participating market (see below) and spend your vouchers with any farmer. They are valid on fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
4. Visit the market information booth to receive Carrot Cash tokens for even more fruits and vegetables! See below.
We are very pleased to offer Carrot Cash ~ a nutrition incentive WIC clients to spend on fresh, local fruits and vegetables.
1. Find a participating farmers’ market near you (see below) and visit between July 13th and August 29th.
2. Find the customer service booth at the market and present your WIC card
3. Get $10 in Carrot Cash tokens
4. Use Carrot Cash to buy fresh, local produce at the farmers’ market
Carrot Cash tokens do not expire. They can be redeemed at any of the markets listed below.
Markets accepting WIC FMNP vouchers and offering the Carrot Cash WIC incentive, click through for more details:
- Barberton Farmers’ Market ~ June-September || Tuesdays, 2pm-7pm || 505 W Tuscarawas Ave, Barberton, OH 44203
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow ~ May-October || Saturdays, 9am-12pm || 4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- HAPI Fresh Farmers’ Market ~ July-September || Wednesdays, 4pm-7pm || Akron Cooperative Farm, 381 Ontario St, Akron, OH, 44304
- Summit Lake Neighborhood Farmers’ Market ~ June-September || Tuesdays, 4pm-7pm || 380 W Crosier St, Akron, OH 44311
Countryside is grateful for local support for the 2020 season from the Women’s Endowment Fund, Akron Community Foundation, and Tuscora Parks Health and Wellness Foundation.
If you are interested in supporting Carrot Cash with a sponsorship or donation, please contact Erin Molnar, Director of Local Food Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.