WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Vouchers & Carrot Cash
Countryside Farmers’ Markets and partner farmers’ markets proudly accept WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Vouchers.
How It Works ~
1. WIC distributes vouchers onsite at farmers’ markets starting in mid-July. The schedule is set in early summer. Ask your local WIC clinic or check back here for dates.
2. Visit the WIC tent at the market on the scheduled date to receive your vouchers.
3. Spend your vouchers with any farmer. They are valid on fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
4. Visit the market information booth to receive Carrot Cash tokens for even more fruits and vegetables! See below.
We are very pleased to offer Carrot Cash ~ a nutrition incentive WIC clients to spend on fresh, local fruits and vegetables.
The 2019 program ran from June through August. 2020 planning is under way! Check back here in early summer for details!
How It Works ~
1. Find a participating farmers’ market near you (see below)
2. Find the customer service booth at the market and present your WIC card
3. Get $5 in Carrot Cash tokens
4. Use Carrot Cash to buy fresh, local produce at the farmers’ market
Carrot Cash tokens do not expire. They can be redeemed at any of the markets listed below.
Markets offering the Carrot Cash WIC incentive, click through for more details:
- Anna Dean Farm Market ~ June 11 – September 24 || Tuesdays, 2pm-6pm || 248 Robinson Ave, Barberton, OH 44203
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow ~ April 20 – October 26 || Saturdays 9a-12pm || 4040 Riverview Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- Countryside Farmers’ Market at Highland Square ~ June 6 – August 29 || Thursdays, 4pm-7pm || 1175 W Exchange St, Akron, OH 44302
- HAPI Fresh Farmers’ Market ~ July 10 – September 25 || Wednesdays, 4pm-7pm || The Well, 647 E Market St, Akron, OH, 44304
- Summit Lake Neighborhood Farmers’ Market ~ June 11 – October 1 || Tuesdays, 4pm-7pm || 380 W Crosier St, Akron, OH 44311
Countryside is grateful for local support from Akron Community Foundation, Huntington-Akron Foundation, PNC Foundation, Tuscora Parks Health and Wellness Foundation, and Women’s Endowment Fund.
If you are interested in supporting Produce Perks with a sponsorship or donation, please contact Erin Molnar, Director of Local Food Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.