Countryside New Farmer Academy
Help beginning farmers get off to a good start!
Our New Farmer Academy:
- Trains beginning farmer interns
- Provides operational support for small, local farmers
- Provides placement services to match interns & farmers
- Hosts expert-led agriculture workshops
Look at the wishlist below. If you would like to sponsor an intern, have a used item, or would like to donate toward the purchase of an item, let us know! Let’s keep our farmers growing!
- Dibblers: ~$15 each
- Hand-Held Wire Weeders: ~$25 each
- 3 ¼” Stirrup Hoe: ~$60
- Wire Hoe: ~$60
- Shade Cloth: ~$150
- Pinpoint Seeder*: ~$150
- New Microwave
- Electric Hedge Trimmers
- Spud Bar
- Cultivators/Hoes (any kind)
- Flat Shovels
- Narrow Blade Spades
- Antique Short-Handled Shovels
- Steel Wheelbarrows
- 5-Tine Pitch Forks (long handled)
- Reel (Push) Mower
- Mantis Tiller
- Jang Seeder*
- Compact or Sub-Compact Tractor*
- No-Till Drill Seeder*
- Utility and Stock Trailers*
- Bed Maker (PTO)*
- Skid Loader/Bobcat*
- Farm Truck
- Passenger Van
- Sponsor an intern – about $12K
- Sponsor a flock! Automated chicken coop or chicken tractors x 2, plus hens, feeders, waterers, bedding, feed, treats, etc. – price would vary based on design
- Snack sponsor! – price would vary based on level
*Part of our tool / equipment library for local farmers
Give while you shop on Amazon!
Help us connect people, food, and land while you shop on Amazon! With AmazonSmile, a percentage of your purchase is donated to Countryside.
To get started, visit https://smile.amazon.com/ and select “Cuyahoga Valley Countryside Conservancy” as your charity. Don’t forget to bookmark the link so you can effortlessly support Countryside every time you shop!
To activate AmazonSmile when shopping in the Amazon app on a mobile device, go to settings within the app, select “AmazonSmile” and follow the instructions to set it up to give to “Cuyahoga Valley Countryside Conservancy”.