When zucchini comes into season, they almost seem never ending. Luckily, there are so many fun things to make with zucchini and this recipe is one of them. Using the zucchini as the “chip” and topping with all the seasonal nacho essentials, you’re sure to love this recipe.
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 Zucchini*, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese*, grated (cheese is only available through preorder)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes*, diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Onion*, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro*, finely chopped
- a pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt to taste
*available from local producers at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini rounds in a single layer. Cook on the first side for about 3 minutes, or until they become golden brown. Flip the rounds and cook for another couple minutes, until they become golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat, top each zucchini round with cheese and cover to allow the cheese to melt.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all rounds are cooked.
- Remove zucchini from skillet to a serving dish and top with tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Season with salt & red pepper flakes. Enjoy!